My parents can not use an oven because of bending and they do not want to wait at home for something to finish cooking.
I came up with the Slow Cooker idea. Here are the reasons
1. No bending. :)
2. Recipes very easy. Just dump everything in and cook :).
3. Safer then a stove and oven and you don't need to wait at home for it to finish.
4. We got a 4 quart Slow Cooker perfect for 2 people
It has been a success so far. I pre-cut everything and get my mom (my dad refuses :)) to make the food. I am hoping she will be able to do this without me being there.
Here are some successful Recipes
1. Veal Brisket: Veal Recipe
2. Chicken Cacciatore : From Crockpot recipe
For 4 small crock pot
1 Onion thinly slice
1 pound chicken
1 28 once plum tomato
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup broth
10 kalamata olives, chopped
1 tbs parsley stemed coarsely chopped
1. Placed sliced onion in slow cooker and cover with chicken
2. in a bowl stir tomatoes slat peeper garlic and broth together. Pour over chicken
3. cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until chicken is tender.
4. stir in capers olives and herbs just before serving .
server over cooked pasta