|Kindle with 5 button controller|
Senior Usability Pros
- The Kindle is ready out of the box. You do not need to connect the Kindle to a computer prior to use. It comes loaded with some books and a dictionary. The only thing you need to do is charge it. (Please note power adapter sold separately grrr )
- The price is affordable :)
- The screen is readable. There is no apparent glare. The text is sharp :).
Senior Usability Cons
- Navigation on this Kindle can be challenging because of the Controller. The arrow buttons are very thin and may prove difficult if the person fingers are not flexible or rigid
- The keyboard button is not very intuitive and requires the person to select letters using the Controller which can be difficult from the above reason.
- My student was able to charge the Kindle. However, the connection from the Kindle to the USB plug is narrow and may prove difficult for unsteady hands.
- Power Adapter sold seperately :(
- Overall interface not very intuitive
Kindle has many other versions to consider for your parents or grandparents like a touch screen. If it is possible, have your loved one try the e-reader first and see if it is usable to them.
If you need further help in buying mobile devices, computer or any other tech devices for your parents or grandparents please contact us at info at 2jour dot com or www.2jour.com